A short compilation video about my recent visit to Palestine to highlight my main observations and to help explain why I was there. Places visited include: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Al Khan Al Amar, Nabi Saleh, Ramallah and Hebron. These are all my own photos and video of things I witnessed with my own eyes. Please watch and share. Thank you.
– Airport detainment and interrogation.
– Heavy military presence & the militarization of the police, use of snipers and M16s.
– Watch towers and surveillance cameras throughout Palestine to monitor movements
– Daily harassment of Palestinians, I saw this family having their passports checked and denied entry when trying to go to Al-Aqsa to pray.
– Checkpoints to pass into the West Bank and move around restricting freedom of movement.
– WALLS!! Israeli West Bank Barrier Wall (Current height 8 meters, 440 miles)
– Banksy Hotel – built to mark the 100th year of the Balfour declaration a public statement issued by the British government during World War I announcing support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine.
– Trump exports ideas from Israel into the US ; Building walls, putting children in cages, trying to ban Muslims from the country and now shooting non-violent demonstrators for throwing stones at the military.
– Olive Harvest – to help prevent illegal confiscation of Palestinian land by the Israeli military and prevent harassment and attacks on farmers for using their own land.
– Dheisheh Refugee Camp – subjected to regular night raids by the Israeli military
– Al Khan Al Ahmar – Bedouin village with a school made of tyres for the children, resisting demolition by the Israeli government.
– Nelson Mandela Square – Statue is a gift from the people of South Africa, they share the same model of non-violent resistance.
– Apartheid – signs, different number plates on cars.
– Palestinians museum of natural history
– Tear gas and skunk water is used on children
– Checkpoints and enforced curfew in towns such as Hebron, those outside will be shot.
– Segregation – Shuhada Street – Palestinians not allowed to pass
– Settlers are allowed to use automatic weapons on Palestinians.
KEEP HOPE ALIVE – http://www.jai-pal.org/en/campaigns/o…
I do not own the copyright to this music: ‘We the People’ – A Tribe Called Quest ‘Al Kufiyyeh 3arabeyyeh’ – Shadia Mansour Ft. M1 (Dead Prez)